MONTHLY PICK – FICTION
After drinking a bottle of vintage Beaujolais, a group of Parisian neighbours are transported back in time to 1954.
When Hubert Larnaudie invites some fellow residents of his Parisian apartment building to drink an exceptional bottle of 1954 Beaujolais, he has no idea of its special properties. The following morning, Hubert finds himself waking up in 1950s Paris, as do antique restorer Magalie, mixologist Julien, and Airbnb tenant Bob from Milwaukee, who’s on his first trip to Europe.
After their initial shock, the city of Edith Piaf and An American in Parisbegins to work its charm on them. The four delight in getting to know the French capital during this iconic period, whilst also playing with the possibilities that time travel allows. But, ultimately, they need to work out how to get back to 2017. And the key lies in a legendary story and the vineyards of the Chateau St Antoine…
Publisher: Gallic Press
Enter our competition to win a copy below!
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a NB competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The closing date for this competition is June 30th, and NB reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, Studio 10, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as NB may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the NB editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is Studio 10, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK.
- NB reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- NB will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
Love Free Books?
Why not subscribe to our magazine?
Each issue we recommend four books that we think you will love. We give you a thorough introduction with interviews, reviews and exclusive extracts and, most excitingly, these books are available to all UK subscribers to have for FREE! All we ask is you pay the postage and package.