Blogger's Book Prize 2021
POWERED BY NB MAGAZINE
Previously called the NB Book Bloggers' Choice Award, this year NB are opening submissions again, looking for book bloggers to champion their favourite fiction book of 2020!
The longlist of 36 fiction titles below is one submitted by publishers, and covers everything from nail-biting thrillers to epic, historical novels and uplifting contemporary fiction. If nothing there takes your fancy, you can nominate another!
About the prize
The prize is powered by NB Magazine – an independent, literary and quarterly magazine – and will draw upon the magazine’s supportive network of book bloggers and reading groups.
The nominated fiction books in the longlist below aim to be inclusive books, addictive books, books that prompt discussion and books to be enjoyed, and hope that they will reflect the views of readers, book bloggers, reading groups, book clubs and all those who in the toughest of years, have continuously supported and promoted bookshops and the publishing industry come what may.
Book bloggers will either nominate their favourite book of 2020 or select from the longlist and submit their championing reviews (note: has to be a fiction book). Blogger entries will be narrowed into a shortlist of six titles by the NB Editorial team. The shortlisted bloggers will then be championing their book in an online public voting campaign.
To determine the winner of the Blogger’s Book Prize 2021, the votes will be combined with the views of a judging panel, formed from last years shortlisted bloggers. The winning bloggers and book will claim the Blogger's Book Prize 2021.
Shortlisted bloggers will have their work printed in NB's upcoming issue, in a Blogger's Book Prize feature. The blogger who successfully champions their book to win the vote will be awarded with a cash prize of £500 as well as a feature in NB Magazine interviewing an author in a future edition. The author of the book that blogger championed will also receive a cash prize of £500 and become NB's 2020 Book of the Year!
Last year, blogger Amanda Chatterton from Bookish Chat won the prize for championing Things in Jars by Jess Kidd. Jess Kidd, author of Things in Jars and last year’s winner said: ‘I am thrilled that Amanda has won the first NB Magazine Book Bloggers’ Choice Award championing Things in Jars. Amanda is a wonderful reviewer and a passionate supporter of new voices in fiction and I’m so proud she chose my book.’
Amanda Chatterton of Bookish Chat
Winning blogger of 2020 NB Book Blogger's Book Prize
How can I get involved in the Blogger's Book Prize?
To get involved with the Blogger's Book Prize 2021, it's really simple - just follow the steps below!
1. Decide on your favourite book of 2020 - whether it is or isn't on the longlist of 36 below. Note: as above, the book should be a fiction title.
2. Fill out the form with details such as your name, blog name, etc and then nominate your chosen book by either writing it in the box provided or ticking a checkbox from the longlist.
3. Then, in the box provided, write your 100 word “elevator pitch” as to why you’ve chosen that book – it should be passionate, engaging and champion your choice!
4. You then have a chance to write a longer review of this book - maximum of 500 words - in the box provided, to further show your book blogging talent and how you’d champion your chosen book!
5. Submit the form!
Your submission will be received by the NB judging team who will then have the tough task of shortlisting six entries.
What happens next?
If shortlisted, we’ll get in touch with you prior to any public announcement to confirm you’re completely happy to be selected and have your work printed.
The winners' campaign will then begin, which involves a public vote via NB's website – this will be promoted by us at NB and you yourself via your blog and social accounts.
As well as running our social media campaign for the Book Blogger’s Choice Awards, NB will support you and provide:
• Social media pack including assets such as social cards, hashtags, a handles database etc
• Social media backing and engagement
- Blogger submissions close – 19th February TBC
- Successful bloggers notified – 22nd February TBC
- Shortlisted bloggers and books announced – 26th February TBC
- Online voting begins/judging commences – 26th February TBC
- Online voting closes – 12th March TBC
- Winner announced – 18th March TBC
For terms and conditions for the Blogger's Book Prize 2021, Powered by NB, please click here.
*or nominate your own title!
Submissions are now closed
The Book to
All our NB Book Blogger’s and their reviews above will be printed in our upcoming Book to Screen issue!
From leading interviews with Isabel Allende to investigating what makes a book perfect material for a Netflix series with Sarah Pinborough, subscribe to NB today to access top literary news, reviews and features!